Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Make Ahead Monday on Tuesday.

To say my month has been hectic is an understatement, but now that I think I'm on the positive side of everything - I'm excited to share with you my project life! 

I showed you last my "Summer Before I Turn 30" cover. Now I'm placing pages of events thus far into summer. I'm not going in any real order  and my summer will be going all the way until my birthday in September.  

I thought to begin with my garden and playing with Sienna. Outdoorsy theme put together. I went through my stash of PL cards- I'm  big fan of destash sale sites as well as Studio Calico sales because I've now accumulated more cards than I'll use in a life time.  But I'm in love with their style and sturdy product as well as can't pass a deal even if its only one card i really want.  Tell me it's not just me. 


Beyond that point, I found this card with veggies on it, worked perfectly for my garden. I thought also the progress report card worked perfectly to journal how my garden is growing. To write about Sienna's new love, I thought this chase adventure was spot on. Feels like studio calico always has a card for every moment and using their embellishments add the right touch. 

For this page I also cut the top pocket of the sleeve off. I thought maybe I'd create some variation in the page size as well as pocket patterns throughout the book. So on the back side,  I decided being I only had a few pictures from the 5k I ran- it would work for a smaller page. 

As I've told you a few times already, this 5k was a mess at the beginning - even the end really. But when I saw the card, Wake Up and Be Awesome, thought it was perfect for this. I also couldn't get enough of the 4x6 bright color rays card, I cut it to fit the 3x4 slot so I could use it twice. I also added a smiley emoji with some popdots to give it some dimension. 


I love how both spreads turned out so far! And already love seeing how I can use my supplies together that I've been hoarding for this project for months. My summer so far has definitely been interesting and hopefully I'll be able to document it well. 

Can't wait to see how you guys do your project life!! Please share!! Also - follow me on Instagram and Pinterest to see sneaks and ideas I love!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment