Sunday, December 10, 2017

You're So Cool, I'm Not Even Mad.

I have told you numerous times that I am still not done with pictures from the Luke Bryan concert and clearly, I was right. I keep finding gems that I want to scrapbook- hey, it was the one occasion that I actually took a million photos so I'm soaking it all up! 

As I have been lately, I'm trying to use up as much as my scrapbook supplies as possible before I venture out and buy more. I have literally enough to start my own store- it's crazy but I have made a nice dent and been doing successful since June! Omitting one purchase of Cocoa Vanilla's Bohemian Dream. I know there would be no chance of me finding it later when I am able to restock my supplies so get it before it's gone! 

But anyways back to this page! 


So again, I found this cute picture of me and my best friend's two foreign exchange daughters. They were able to come with us to the concert and I loved that they did, it was a great way to get to know them better as well as introduce her to crazy American country concerts! I was inspired by Missy Whidden with making the heart out of strips of paper - which of course, with stash- I had plenty of! Most of them were from Dear Lizzy's collection Lovely Day which is gorgeous and I'm surprised I hadn't used more of it! The background paper, I know - I was definitely hoarding for something good but I have been telling myself lately- if I don't use it now, it'll just still be there in a few months. 

I used a piece of scrap paper to trace out a heart- then placed the strips tucked underneath one another to cover the shape. Took it at an angle to form something different on my page- I as always- created layers behind my photo embellished around it as well as made another spot diagonal from it with journaling and embellishments.   I love how I used the hot air balloons across the top of the page- I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to use them for anything. Worked perfectly on this page; it all came together nicely!! 

I hope I have inspired you to use up the stuff you know you've been hoarding for so long. Sometimes the stuff you've been hoping to save for a better page just works on a page you never imagined to put together in the first place.  Such as this! 

xo. Renee 

No comments:

Post a Comment