Monday, January 1, 2018

A New Year, A New Beginning.

Happy New Years Everyone!  Hope everyone had a wonderful night however you celebrated!  I am excited for all the new beginnings that lie ahead in 2018.  Am I the only one who felt a ton of excitement when I found out that the year started on a Monday? My non-diagnosed inner OCD girl in me was overjoyed. 

I'm hoping in 2018 to commit to accomplishing plenty of goals/resolutions if you will.  I just wanted to dedicate a post to lay out what I'm out to tackle and interesting in hearing where everyone else is planning to do for your new year!! 

When I make my goals, I tend to categorize them and the categories I place them are either things I'm passionate about like fitness/crafts, etc. or general knowledge such as financial/health,etc. 

So my list is pretty cliche and basic but I think the easier or more general they are - the more attainable they are. 

Read the Bible Entirely

In the last few months, I've found myself really craving growth in my faith. I'm finding some peace in attending church. I really want to read the Bible to educate myself on more of what faith has to offer me. I think it'll help me on multiple levels in regards to my faith. I'm excited to learn and also to finish a book that I've been wanting to for a few years. 

Read 5 Books

Something similar clearly to the one before this one, but if you know me- I'm not a reader really at all. I enjoy a good magazine, some newspaper articles but something about reading never "excites" me. But I feel I rely too heavily on technology for entertainment and I need a break away from that. So if reading will help me- two birds, one stone right? 

Lose 30 Pounds.

This is one of those er, der kind of cliche resolutions but I really have let myself go. I know it's a high number to shoot for but it's where I think would get me back to my "happy" weight/body. Also this would hopefully be a result of me achieving other goals which is kind of a positive domino affect.

Run 500 Miles.

I'm not even sure what to say about this other than I just want to run. I wanted a number that I felt was achievable. I know that its kind of a small number? Maybe not. But that would be around 40 miles a month give and take. I'm hoping as I build my mileage back up again and run races, they'll add up quicker some months than others. 

Run 10 Races.

This past year , I ran no races. Like what?  That needs to change. So I set a goal for 10 races of some shape. I think it's pretty achievable. 

Stay Debt Free/ Pay Off Bills.

I think this isn't rocket science, probably another one of those typical goals. In my head, I think?- I'm pretty decent with my money but I could be off base. I am not too deep in any debts but I want to cut my spending down more and make sure that my bills are just paid off.   

Build Up My Savings

Kind of like above, I just want to be more realistic with my spending and my savings. I want to be able to have a nice pillow to fall upon when I move out on my own. Granted, I've should have done it a while ago but I do end up having scenarios that come in my way that have prevented it. I've had conversations with people and in my best interest, having a smarter savings would help me in a more positive direction to have a more safer savings.

Make 100 Scrap Pages.

I think its a pretty hefty goal but it's definitely something I can knock out. I am still working hard on stash busting. This is something that hopefully will end up letting me make a lot of pages as well as save money although it's so tempting to buy all these new lines that are coming out. Damn, CHA why must you do this?  

Whew, so sorry about that being drug out but I just feel if I talk about it- if I throw it out there, more people will hold me accountable. It's public information- no big secrets. I can't say - I have no idea what you're talking about - *shoves a donut in my mouth*. I'm excited to see where this journey leads me and hopefully I can keep myself going to the right destination even if I derail a little bit. 

Let me know what you guys are thinking, what are your goals? I am all about supporting others and their goals. Lets do this together!! 

xo. Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment