Monday, January 8, 2018

Stitch Fix Experience.

Some of my favorite blog post are when people share their experience with new products and especially their experiences with box subscriptions which are all the rage these days! I think there's a box subscription for almost anything you can think of anymore! I have tried a few and so I kind of wanted to give you an unbiased opinion on them as I am not affiliated with anyone - just a random 30 yr old trying something new! 

I have loved watching people showing what they get in their Stitch Fix boxes on various blogs all around the net.  So I decided to give it a go and see what kind of amazing styles they'd send my way. 

When you first join- they ask to you fill out a questionnaire to get a feel of what your style is, your sizes, and etc. I literally wear whatever is comfy - and have no idea what you'd "classify" my style as. So this was kind of an odd thing for me to do because I literally just guessed on what looked cute in the pictures. 

So they send you several pieces to try based on this questionnaire and your comments. Which I left them a note saying- I am trying to find things to wear to church or out on dates. 

*Nevermind my messy bathroom in the following photos

The first thing I tried was this gorgeous dress. I fell in love with the pattern before I put it on but when I tried it on- it fit I thought perfect! It was a definite yes. 


With the stuff in the box they also send a style card, which shows how you could pair up the things you receive as well as various information about the pieces. Which is helpful for the lack of style girl like myself. Ha!  So you'll have to see how I tried on the other pieces.


I am not going to lie I got super excited about both the pants and this jacket upon seeing them; but once I got myself in to them- I had failed myself by gaining some weight. Plus I think I have broader shoulders then I may have listed or something. This happens with every jacket so I'm not at all shocked.  But the jacket fit nice until I try to do any range of motion with my arms- then suddenly it feels it shrinks 2 sizes. Not the jackets fault, not blaming the cute clothes.  The pants- same story kind of. Cute when you wear them- sit down, not such a pretty story. I loved them both but they got sent back. 


Then there was this sweater, which I knew would be a no from the beginning. Just not at all a fit that I desire. I tried it on just to confirm to myself that it wasn't really for me and I was correct. Wasn't comfortable in it although it isn't horrible looking. Just wasn't me. So it got sent back. 

The other item I got was a set of hoop earrings which I sent back as well. They weren't really my style and I knew I wouldn't wear them. 

Overall I loved the excitement of trying the Stitch Fix box. I did keep something which I thought was a plus! The stylist picked great clothes I just wish they had fit better on me. But again, that's not a reason for me to not try the box again!  I definitely don't want to review it bad on my account and I have another fix scheduled for in March. I'm hoping I will have lost some weight and with the start of the spring season- new clothes will always make a great beginning! 

If you want to try Stitch Fix- I will be attaching a link that you can use to take off the $20 styling fee off your first box! Which is a great deal because that means you'd basically be trying it for free if you don't like any of the clothes and if you do like the clothes- there will be a discount to the prices of what you pick! Click here to take off your $20 styling fee!!

xo. Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment