Friday, September 11, 2015

My Girl.

swear I haven't forgotten to write, I just am struggling as far as finding a topic to write about without repeating myself endlessly. So far my fitness has been a little scratchy but not intentionally- the weather here in Iowa this last week has had temperatures in the high 80s and 90s. I know, most people say or go to the gym- yes, that's a reasonable thing to do when weather is not favorable outside. Sad thing, our small town fitness center- which is great actually- doesn't have air conditioning! Granted I probably could have gone and not died, but with being out of shape- I didn't want to push it too much.

 Besides those days though, I have been trying to fit in some lifting which I've been using a Nike Training app which has different strength training routines you can download and follow within the app. It has voice instruction that its helpful when I wear my phone so I don't have to keep looking to see how much time I have left or what's next. It's been kicking my butt but I love it- always leave sweaty and wake up a little sore. I've been trying to run and fit in other cardio as well, dont you worry- I can't leave my running behind.

Speaking of running -on National Puppy Day a few weeks ago, I decided to take our family dog Sienna for a jaunt. It's been a while since she's gotten to run as my parents just walk her and I know she loves to run like her puppy aunt (me). It was a nice bonding time for us, we both have been going through some tough times- Our family recently lost our male dog Jake, which has been Sienna's buddy since my sister adopted them. She's been adjusting well none the less; but still I knew she would understand my tears as I ran. We miss our boys. So when we were done running, I just hugged my girl and took some selfies as she licked my face.




Just like all the other memories, I had to scrapbook it. You are all shocked. I used multiple forms of mixed media in this layout. The background was made with a stencil and modeling paste then also I water colored some rainbow splatters to use as a layer for the picture. The papers and embellishments are from Amy Tangerine's Rise and Shine. 

*note this was written 9/11.. It didn't post and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Xo Renee 


No comments:

Post a Comment