Sunday, January 10, 2016

Scrap Our Stash Stash Jan.

As I announced back in December, I'm now a part of the Scrap Our Stash Design Team!!

Scrap Our Stash is a site/group that inspires you to use your stash and supplies. They do 2 challenges a month - one is a stash challenge (1st of the month) and one is a sketch challenge with a stash prompt (15th of the month).  The Design Team examples are shown everyday to inspire you to put together a great page!  To learn more you'll have to check out their site at http://scrapourstash.blogspot.com/

For the stash challenge this month - we want you to create a layout inspired by the cover of this book. You could use anything on it to inspire you whether it's the snow, the colors, the cat or even the title. Also you must include white paint or paint splatters on your layout.


I used the "cat in the hat" as my inspiration. Yes, I'm that cat mom who has to humiliate their cat in embarrassing outfits. I placed a pair of rudolph ears on the boy and told him to meow "Merry Christmas".  He's clearly not pleased with the situation but who said holidays don't come with moments of grin and bear it?  I also included splattered white mist but of course, it doesn't show in the picture except for where I accidentally got it on the picture. So I added more to the picture to make the "snowing" effect.  Life hands you accidental splatters, you make snowstorms. 

(I used Pinkfresh Studios' Christmas Line also embellishments from MAMBI.)


We would love for you to join us at Scrap Our Stash and take part in the challenge!!  You have until January 29th at 11:59 PST to link up your page!! I can't wait to see what you all do!!  Also, I'll be back on the 24th of this month with the sketch challenge! 

xo. Renee

1 comment:

  1. Loving the inspiration more and more - how cute - the cat in the rudolf hat! Love it!

    ReplyDelete