Sunday, August 14, 2016

Scrap Our Stash August Stash.

For some reason this post didn't post on August 10th. I apologize for this inconvenience. 

I'm excited to show you this month's first challenge for Scrap Our Stash! 

Scrap Our Stash is a site/group that inspires you to use your stash and supplies. They do 2 challenges a month - one is a stash challenge (1st of the month) and one is a sketch challenge with a stash prompt (15th of the month).  The Design Team examples are shown everyday to inspire you to put together a great page!  To learn more you'll have to check out their site at http://scrapourstash.blogspot.com/



For the first challenge, you are to be inspired by a chosen book cover. And this month's cover threw me for a loop. I haven't traveled in a while and with the pictures I have from traveling, I've already scrapped them recently. Gosh, what am I going to do? But while flipping through my papers, I came across  a perfect map in vibrant colors that I had to use.  Which happened to match Fancy Free perfectly, I think I need to put that line away by the way. I have scrapped so much with it. I swear, I'll get to my regularly scheduled lines soon.   Also I had to include a decorative paper clip- now that part- I also realize I have very little selection of paper clips! ( You'll see it's almost not noticeable.)


This page inspired me to scrap the picture of an Old Stone Church that is literally in the middle of nowhere in north east Iowa. It's a very special place to me, everytime I go - I'm literally taken back by how simple and how peaceful it is. Not only that, but one of my great great grandfather's was the stonesman for the construction of this church.  Some of my family members are also buried in the small cemetery by the church. It's my happy place.  I can't wait to be married there someday.  

I can't wait to see what you all come up with based on this challenge! 

xo. Renee


No comments:

Post a Comment