Thursday, August 3, 2017

A Beautiful Wedding.

So earlier this summer I was in an old and dear friend's wedding, I know we haven't kept in contact as much as we should of being we're both in the same town. But that's always how life happens. It definitely came as a shock to me that she asked me to be a part of her day, but I couldn't say no- we were so close for so long. Who knew our middle school dreams would actually come true? ( Now I need to work on that part, marriage...men...) 

But I have to say as confused as I started out being, it has become one of my favorite memories of this summer and turned out so beautiful. I had to scrapbook the photos! Hell, if I'm not getting married- someone should be. And I want to capture it. 


I followed with the same trend I've been doing this summer- which is using the hell out of my stash. It's going to die one day right?? Probably not, but a girl can dream.  On Paper Issues' Facebook group, one of the challenges was to scraplift a page that looked fairly similar to this page. So when I saw the lady used tons of squares/scraps to form some quilted pattern on the bottom- boom, this will work perfect with my stash. I gathered similar collections if you can't tell- majority Crate Paper or Maggie Holmes and went to town forming some pattern on the bottom half of the page.  I just layered behind the photos with various other pieces of the paper as well as clustered embellishments that matched with it. It turned out just perfect! I loved that I had these two coordinating pictures also that made this page so easy to do!! 


I also came up with this gem using a photo of me carrying my bouquet and shoes which I thought was so pretty. I used the same stash I built up for the other page except took it in a different direction. Using some mixed media/water color behind the clusters of embellishments. Loved finally using more of my flowers I had leftover. I also love how I used the XOXO glitter piece. I've loved it for a while and never knew how to use it in a way that I would love it. I think this is honestly one of my favorite pages I've done. Just makes me happy. 

I will have a few more pages with this wedding, I can't wait to show you them when I get a chance to take photos of them! I also am loving using up my stash and cranking out gems I didn't know were possible!!  Thanks for checking out on what I've been doing, share your work also!!

xo. Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment