Tuesday, May 24, 2016

No Place Like Dome.

I know, this is about a month late but I forgot!  I really want to share this layout because... I love it.

Just to catch you up- a month ago I ran in a race that took place at the University of Northern Iowa Campus and ended on the fantastic 50 yard line of the UNI-Dome where the Northern Iowa Panther Football team plays.  If you want to read my recap on that- click here!  Just one of the best moments of my life!


I really can't express how much I loved this run- so I'm not going to try that again. But I got inspired by one of my favorite scrappers over at Paper Issues- Heather. I used my cameo to cut out "No Place Like Dome."  I can't remember where I saw the phrase but it was perfect for this page!!  

Like Heather, I found a gorgeous page to put behind it- a purple ( Duh, like I'd use a different color for Panthers?! ) watercolor like paper.  I cut the white cardstock down so I could place a boarder around it. I stapled the edges down but roughened them up just a tad. I'm not sure if everyone else caught the crazy craze- but I adore the ombre tape from Michaels. They had this perfect purple ombre that was matching identical to the watercolored paper. I took some and tore it up- placed it in different places along the boarder.  Did it as well with some gold washi I had to balance it out just a little with the gold Run4UNI 2016 I added to the title. 


Now I'm not even sure what made me decide to try the new Amy Tangerine Line- Better Together with this layout, But I kind of think it works!  I used a lot of the mail aspects of the line such as the stamps, letters- I also used some of the cut outs and embellishments to layer behind the picture of my sister and I. 

I'm so thankful to have experienced this with my sister. She's one of my biggest influences in my life, one of my biggest cheerleaders. I didn't expect to run the entire race by her side but I am so glad we did this hand in hand.  The way we got to end this amazing race- was a complete adrenaline rush. There really is No Place Like Dome.

xo. Renee


No comments:

Post a Comment