Sunday, May 8, 2016

Scrap Our Stash May Stash.

It's a new month which means new challenges at Scrap Our Stash! 

Scrap Our Stash is a site/group that inspires you to use your stash and supplies. They do 2 challenges a month - one is a stash challenge (1st of the month) and one is a sketch challenge with a stash prompt (15th of the month).  The Design Team examples are shown everyday to inspire you to put together a great page!  To learn more you'll have to check out their site at http://scrapourstash.blogspot.com/

The stash challenge this month was based on this great inspiration. 


Okay- how gorgeous is that cover?? There's so many ideas that were floating in my head but I finally decided upon using the ombré sky as my inspiration.  I know it's not really busting through my stash but I was so excited to finally have my paws on some Fancy Free by Pink Paislee/Paige Evans. I have followed Paige Evans for so long and love her work so much! 


The pinks in her collection worked perfectly! I cut a couple strips of the different pink in her paper - held them together and cut little strips along the edge ( remember not to cut all the way across - you need a little space at the top to glue it down ) to create this fringe - then layered to create the ombré look.  Also you needed to include flowers- ahh, the flowers in this line worked perfectly! 


My sister recently came home to run with me in the latest race which I have a recap coming for. It's always exciting when she comes home- but I am not sure if anyone gets more excited than my cat Pumpkin. He is so infatuated with her , I'm not sure what it is- her voice she uses with him or the fact he knows she's extremely allergic to him.  So he tries to sneak up around her - I had to capture pictures of this bizarre relationship. Now that she's gone- he's sleeps in the bed she was in or the couch. Just soaking up all the Aunt Stephy he can. 

Hope you guys join us at Scrap Our  Stash and try the challenge! Also- I'll be back in the middle of the month with the sketch challenge. 

Xo Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment