Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Momma's Girls.

When I saw one of the girls do a page similar for one of the challenges ... yes, on the Paper Issues Fall Crop ; I had to lift it. Which I did for the challenge : I'll have what she's having.  It was a challenge where you lifted someone's page that you've seen through out the weekend crop.  


I love the Maggie Holmes' Gather Collection. It has one sheet with what looks like little bits of paper lined up, so I cut out some of the strips of paper  and layered them up along the side of my 12x12 paper. Tried to make a straight line to stitch across. Judge if you must, but that's my great sewing job! I liked how it turned out though, pulled up some of the edges to make it look like it's layered up messier. 

I layered behind on the left side of the photo with some of the ephemera and built a cluster at the bottom with some of the chipboard pieces as well. I love this photo of my sister and my momma with me when I was in the hospital as a beeb.  I actually forgot that I had scrapped this photo before but this one I just happen to enjoy better! The colors just go well with the vintage look of the photo, I think. 

I'm so glad I caught that girl's page for one of the challenges that inspired this page! This page turned out just beautiful in my opinion!  Again, as always, join us at Paper Issues'  Facebook page for more fun or get these supplies from her store @ Paper Issues.  

xo. Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment