Monday, September 11, 2017

Almighty God.

I think I've shared with you before how I've been sort of playing with the Bible Journaling concept. I know I'm not an avid participant but I do find it therapeutic to do after church. Just kind of gets my thoughts of the service or what I enjoyed down on some form of paper. 


I fell in love with a song we sang at service a few weeks ago- Only King Forever by Elevation Worship. It just spoke to me and I loved it so when I got home, I searched around online for a verse that I felt was relevant to how I interpreted the song.  I chose the verse Matthew 28 19-20 which says

 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

I usually outline or highlight the said verse, than decorate as I see fit. Digged around in all my Illustrated Faith supplies that I keep together in a bag for ones I thought would fit the verse.  Using acrylic paints with colors that match to create the smears I've seen on various other people's pages - a technique I have fallen love with. Stamped a few other accents - although I'm horrible at the stamping technique.  This is another way I have been using my alpha stash- finding ones that match my color scheme and outlining what I wanted to illustrate- such as the lyrics to the song. 

I love how it turned out- definitely one of my favorites so far! I am just so excited that I've found this church as well as this method of exploring your bible. It's brought me back to my faith which had always been in my heart solid more stable. Makes my heart happy. 

xo. Renee 

No comments:

Post a Comment