Monday, September 18, 2017

Bon Fire.

What I love about summer nights are the bon fires at my friend's house. The smell, the smores, the drinks and the conversation- which is endless. This night I think I didn't even get home til 4 in the morning. Gave my parents a bit of a fright, but we just had great things to say even when we've known each other for years! 

I thought this photo would be perfect for my Simple Stories Cabin Fever stash. Fell in love with it, but again- I didn't do much adventures this summer as I was hoping so thankfully this occasion worked well for this line!


With one of the papers, I drew out the letters for the word BON FIRE then cut them out. I decided instead of using the O- that's where I would place the photo which I cut in to a circle. I built a cluster beside the photo with different embellishments I cut out from the cut aparts as well as stickers. I did the same in the word fire with a cut apart to use for journaling then used embellishments beside it.  I loved how the page turned out and it helped use up stash I wasn't sure how I'd be able to use.

Am I weird that I'm getting some pleasure out of using up all my stash? I've been banging out pages I never would have thought before even though I've had these papers for a while. Crazy how that happens if you just limit yourself and expand your creativity. I also have been trying to make a way for them to work for the Paper Issues' monthly challenges on their Facebook page. I can't even begin to express how excited I am for their fall crop coming up- more challenges to bang out this stash! You'll have to stay tuned to see how that works!! 

xo. Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment