Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Happy Birthday to Me!

Ah, I can't believe its been almost a month since my birthday but life goes fast when you're having fun. Or... working... all the times. It's also been that long since I made a page using the birthday photos! I was really wanting to finally use a birthday collection by Pink Paislee I found at the local scrapbook store so I got excited when a birthday finally came around. Luckily it was mine! Sneaky how that works. 

I actually came up with the idea while I was on a run of how I wanted to lay out the design. It's not exactly as I envisioned but pretty close. And yes, I know - it's not entirely creative but it's the fussy cut parts that make it creative in my head. One of the papers had a pattern of the various light shades all over- I cut them out to form them in to a string like pattern across segments of the page.  Same with the triangles- they were not originally formed in to banners, I just laid them along the same path as the light shades. 


I wanted an open type face - I turned to my trusty Paper Issues for a file that I thought would fit my plan. Their cut files are free and work with all the cut machines such as silhouette. I have yet to find one I don't like - I just haven't downloaded them all yet. I try to contain myself until I need it. I actually backed the pieces with scraps I found that fit colors from the collection which is always great for my stash pile. I also fussy cut various little things from one of the papers- such as the presents and balloons to use as embellishments as I didn't have any from the collection other than puffy stickers. Which I also used in various spots. 

I wish my mixed media would have turned out stronger; but my color turned out being too light in contrast to the rest of the colors on the page. I love how fun and colorful it turned out! Works perfectly for my birthday! Thanks to my wonderful bestie for helping me celebrate a great girls day with her sweet foreign exchange girls. I'm so lucky to start year 31 in a wonderful way! 

xo. Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment