Sunday, October 1, 2017

New Kittens!

After the loss of our sweet Sienna and Pumpkin this summer, our house was far to quiet for our own good. I wasn't sure that my dad would even listen really to my suggestion to look at animals at our local Humane Society open house. But Dad asked for the time and in a car we were. I was a bit surprised at his reaction but I think he was lonesome for animal interaction as we all were. (Just not as willing to admit it.) 


Dad kind of wanted a black kitten, he always seemed to have good luck with them. So he was drawn to this particular little black kitten. He held him and the kitten turned my dad in to a pile of goo with all of his kitty purrs. Of course, we had to check out all the other adorable felines but Dad just never put the black kitten down. Even when he was playing with the others. 

So I guess our decision was made, this little black kitten was going to be ours. Although as we were filling out paper work, the lady said "You know he has a brother, and we would like them to be adopted together."  Without a moment of hesitation, Dad asked which kitten was his brother. This little gray tiger striped kitten was shown to us. We were only intending for one kitten but Dad said - "Well, I'd hate to split them up." and boom, we came home with two. 


So it begins our journey with two kittens. Mom and Dad happened to be on the phone with the grandchildren when we were discussing names for these little guys. Shouting options from the other side, a lot were declined- Dad has had a lot of black cats so common names were already taken. Finally she said Stormy and Smokey. Well perfect! We now have names for our crazy babies. Smokey is our gray striped little guy and Stormy is our black kitten. 

I think all of our phones are filled with millions of photos and they're finding anything to get their paws on. We simply can't get enough of them and so far it's been quite the experience, it's been so long since we've had a beeb of any kind in the house. 

Both pages were made with photos of them cuddling, of course- I have a thousand. I loved also getting to use up some of my stash with the baby boy line by Crate Paper as well as other scraps/supplies that match up with the line.  And I saw an idea on the Paper Issues Facebook group which inspired me to use up some cactus supplies I've been hoarding for the second page. Both turned out perfect!! I repeat it every page  but I'm so excited to see my stash dwindling. I've needed this for so long- although I'm still drooling over the newer stuff - Cassie has been missing charging my card. 

Hope you enjoy my crazy kittens, I promise - no I'm certain- you'll be seeing a ton more of them along the way!!

xo. Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment