Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Paper Issues Fall Crop: One Side


A few weekends ago my favorite Facebook Group/Scrapbook store, Paper Issues, had a online crop with tons of challenges and games! If you've followed me, or Paper Issues- you know they do this about twice a year and it's literally one of my favorite weekends of the year. I try to take off work and follow along bundled up in my room; which I still need to clean from the crop- I literally slept on the couch for a few days. Lord help me. This year though, I couldn't get out of it- working was a must. So I didn't get as much accomplished as I had wanted but it still provides me with inspiration for a while!

I tackled the challenge they called Fall in Line. Where you had to make a page with your focus on a line concept. So I wanted to take it all to one side of my page; forming the line with my paper layers. 


I just loved this picture my sister sent me of Halloween. I thought that this would be a perfect way to use my Doodlebugs Birthday Girl line with all the unicorns! I honestly wasn't sure how I was going to use the leftovers quite yet, but this help make a nice dent in it!! I used a paper from Pink Paislees' Summer Lights line. The colors worked so well with the girlie colors from the embellishments. The layers behind were built by scraps I had that I felt followed the color scheme. My concept is pretty simple with every page, I love layers and forming clusters with my embellishments which is what I did here as well! 

The colors just make me so happy, the page works so well!!  Even though the crop is over, take a look on the Facebook group at the submissions others have put in and try your hand at the challenges! Its a great way to use up all your scraps!!  

xo. Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment