Friday, November 24, 2017

Paper Issues: Imperfectly Perfect.

A few weekends ago my favorite Facebook Group/Scrapbook store, Paper Issues, had a online crop with tons of challenges and games! If you've followed me, or Paper Issues- you know they do this about twice a year and it's literally one of my favorite weekends of the year. I try to take off work and follow along bundled up in my room; which I still need to clean from the crop- I literally slept on the couch for a few days. Lord help me. This year though, I couldn't get out of it- working was a must. So I didn't get as much accomplished as I had wanted but it still provides me with inspiration for a while!

For this challenge the ladies at Paper Issues asked us to make a project that didn't use any paper trimmers. So it could only be with scissors, die cuts, or silhouette. I- of course- I know you're shocked- had a few more photos from the Luke Bryan concert left that I wanted to scrap. So I thought with the ideas I came up with would be perfect for this! 


As I was strolling through my stash, I saw an old paper of Iowa that I had hoarded - basically because lets be honest, I didn't know how I was going to use it. Trying to be all Iowa proud and... failed. Anyways, I finally thought- lets give this a go. I fussy cut the state out of the paper and placed it upon this other paper that I thought matched my photos so well! I used what was left of my Simple Stories' Cabin Fever cut aparts as layering bits behind the photo. Being they were already cut out, ripped apart- I didn't need to use a paper trimmer for them.  As usual, I just threw embellishments around the page- included some of the flowers I cut out from the cut aparts in the title as well as by the photos.  The title, I used tiny washi underneath to make it pop from the page a bit. 

The lyric I used for the title - pretty much sums the concert up. We turned a cornfield in the middle of Iowa in to a Luke Bryan concert and it was so much fun!! I absolutely love how this page turned out- I know- I say it everytime but this is a new favorite!!  Even though the crop is over, take a look on the Facebook group at the submissions others have put in and try your hand at the challenges! Its a great way to use up all your stash, which I'm trying so hard to do!!!  Hope you enjoyed this page, come back to check out more!! 

xo. Renee




No comments:

Post a Comment