Monday, November 20, 2017

Paper Issues: Sketch


A few weekends ago my favorite Facebook Group/Scrapbook store, Paper Issues, had a online crop with tons of challenges and games! If you've followed me, or Paper Issues- you know they do this about twice a year and it's literally one of my favorite weekends of the year. I try to take off work and follow along bundled up in my room; which I still need to clean from the crop- I literally slept on the couch for a few days. Lord help me. This year though, I couldn't get out of it- working was a must. So I didn't get as much accomplished as I had wanted but it still provides me with inspiration for a while!

This is one of my favorite pages I was able to get done for the crop. I followed along with the Sketch challenge to create this masterpiece.  Also, you thought I was done with pages about my friend mister Luke Bryan- you are surely mistaken. Muahaha. 


The sketch called for 3 pictures, well- I have a plenty from the Luke Bryan concert I attended back in September. Yes, I've told you 500 times because I can't stop making pages about the concert! Arrrg. It's an addiction- and I'm warning you- they're not over. There's a more a comin'. Anyways- back to this page.  Oh wait, I'm also not done using my Simple Stories scraps from their collection - Cabin Fever.  Doesn't it just scream country concert? Maybe it's just me. 

Anyways, so I layered a big piece along with a layer of a slightly smaller piece on to the background. Calling for a cluster in the upper right corner and one at the bottom left- there was to be a title at the bottom with a small cluster. I thought of the clever idea of cutting out the mountains out of the cut apart papers- there were two different ones so I layered them between the layers for the base. I thought for the bottom cluster- I'd include a small piece for some journaling and build around that. Simple title with some little details. Of course, I added some layering behind all the photos because- well I'm Renee and I'm a layer addict. That was really a ramble of what I put together but I do love how it turned out!! It's so fun - I think - but again, I'm bias. 

Even though the crop is over, take a look on the Facebook group at the submissions others have put in and try your hand at the challenges! Its a great way to use up all your stash, which I'm trying so hard to do!!!  Hope you enjoyed this page, come back to check out more!! 

xo. Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment