Sunday, November 12, 2017

Paper Issues Fall Crop: Cut the Craft.

A few weekends ago my favorite Facebook Group/Scrapbook store, Paper Issues, had a online crop with tons of challenges and games! If you've followed me, or Paper Issues- you know they do this about twice a year and it's literally one of my favorite weekends of the year. I try to take off work and follow along bundled up in my room; which I still need to clean from the crop- I literally slept on the couch for a few days. Lord help me. This year though, I couldn't get out of it- working was a must. So I didn't get as much accomplished as I had wanted but it still provides me with inspiration for a while!

I listed the challenges in my notebook and got to work every night when I was off. One of the pages I started with was Cut the Craft. The challenge was to use one of Paper Issues'  FREE cut files to create a page. Well- you don't have to ask me twice. Stacie always creates the best cut files and I usually grab them all up when I have the chance. For this page, I chosed her Boo Pumpkin file. The pumpkins are gorgeous!! I took it and made them two different sizes. 


I usually always cut my files out of white cardstock. I'm not sure what it is but I love the clean look they give. I backed the pumpkins with fall colored papers from my stash. (Again, using up the stash as much as I can! The crop works perfect for this!! ) I had some embellishments that were in shape of leaves but the colors were not ones I thought would go well with this page so I traced them on to brown paper. Leaves I had hoarded from Amy Tangerine's first line- yes, that old. Other embellishments were from Simple Stories fall lines that I've boughten. I -as always- layered my picture. Using the same papers I used to back the pumpkin.

I absolutely am in love with fall. Give me all the pumpkin things. Show me all the warm colors. Its my spirit weather. I am usually rather specific about what pumpkins I want , so I took myself to a pumpkin patch. I usually don't mind exploring all the things but I knew I didn't have a whole lot of time and it wasn't too busy so it was kind of boring. But I asked if I could just walk in to pick out some pumpkins without having to pay to do the extra things. The lady was accommodating and let me wander around for the perfect pumpkin. Of course, I couldn't just pick one- I need a million in all sorts of colors and sizes. To the point that I had to use a wheel barrow. The scrapbooker in me, I needed to ask for photos. Who takes a trip to a pumpkin patch without pictures? 

I hope you enjoyed this page, I loved how it turned out!! Even though the crop is over, take a look on the Facebook group at the submissions others have put in and try your hand at the challenges! Its a great way to use up all your scraps!! 

xo. Renee 

No comments:

Post a Comment