Sunday, March 13, 2016

Calligraphy.

I don't know about the rest of you but I have noticed a huge spark in brush calligraphy all over the social media.  It is so pretty and so many different styles. I think part of the craze are these fabulous markers by Tombow.( Dual Bush Pens- they have a brush tip as well as a fine tip.) They are fabulous- so fabulous- that they are sold out in most places as they are in such high demand. Right now they are re-stocking them and in higher production to fulfill the popular demand for these greatness.  I'm not sure how I even found them on Amazon - but when I did- I snatched them right up!  I have dabbled with calligraphy YEARS ago - but I'm excited to try this all over again!


I found some tutorials online and took a wack at it. Practice makes perfect right? Kept going to town- even though I'm still feeling not even close to the magical stuff I see on instagram.  I wish I would have bookmarked some of the tutorials too so I could share them with you.  


I finally got a little bit of a hang of it. Started doing some words and I thought this one was my better tries. Also what's amazing about these markers- as if they didn't anymore bragging- you can blend these markers to create any effect you desire. So I took my chances on an ombre effect on these words. They blend so well!!! Tombow has other tools to use with these markers- such as a blending marker, blending tablet. Helps with the coloring as well as many other things you can do with these markers!  I can't wait to try using them to create a water color look on upcoming mixed media pages.


I encourage you to take a chance like I did on new skills to add to your crafty world.  I can't wait to use calligraphy in future projects - I've always wanted to include song lyrics and this would be a great way to make them stand out beautifully. 

Can't wait to see what you come up with!!! 

xo. Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment