Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Sweet Brother.

The other night I found this picture ... while scrolling for pictures to use.. I have so much stuff I want to do but I swear- zero pictures. But I forgotten about this gem. There's so many pictures of Blaize but not many of sweet Ember.  Blaize is seriously a clown so his moments are captured far more. Ember keeps to herself most of the time, very independent and sassy.   Also capturing them together, is a rare moment also. At least it was at this time. I love that I caught Blaize giving his sweet sister a bath. ( I'm sure she hopped off within moments of this, it couldn't have lasted long. ) 

ANYWAYS, I thought that the Bloom line would be just perfect for this page - if I printed the picture in black and white. I used a sketch from Stuck?! Sketches as a jumping off point.  I love their sketches, just helpful inspiration when you're literally- STUCK and can't figure out how you want to make a page.  They have all their sketches on a pinterest page so you can either use the challenge they have up for the month or dig in their past for something that trips your trigger. 




I can't say how much I love the paper in the Bloom line. Especially the one where you can literally fray yourself by cutting on the lines- makes a great banner/boarder on the page! I wasn't sure how I was going to use some of this line but it works perfectly in this page. I added some watercolor and mixed media in the background- I'm still trying to get a hang of the watercolors so don't judge! :P

Another thing I really wanted to point out is sometimes it's hard to put journaling on papers that are kind of dark or awkward. I'm not sure where I saw this tip but I absolutely love it. I was recently sent from Tombow - their MONO Correction Tape.  I'm not going to lie when I say I had no idea how I was going to use this but here it is... I decided to use it as "lines" to write my journaling on.  I just created a 4 line journaling spot by dragging the correction tape tool down the lengths that I wanted. It really makes the pen pop off the page and easier for you to read!  

There's so many things you can do with supplies other than their purpose- just gotta be creative!!! 

I hope you enjoyed this page :) I just love my kitties and sharing their weird but loving moments with you!!

xo. Renee

2 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty page, love the way you interpretted this sketch! (Just and FYI this sketch was created for LCOM, as I have designed sketches for many sites). Super glad you found it inspiring non the less! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! I saw it on the Pinterest board with the others and assumed it was! I'm sorry!!

      Delete