Thursday, February 25, 2016

Yoda Blaize.

I really can't get over doing re-dos. I feel like every time I look at my scrapbooks- I find a page that I could tweek in to something completely different.  Funny thing is- I just did the page I'm re-doing not even a few months ago - one of my first pages with mixed media but it turned out to be kind of a hot mess. 

I think when I did this page I wanted so badly to match up the colors that I kind of ending up losing sight of what I was doing. I wanted to make a page about my sweet Blaize  ( I swear over and over again, I love my other two cats ) and this photo of him sporting Yoda Ears.  The green color popped out and I wanted to tie in  the other colors in the one paper I thought had that green color. It just wasn't pretty in my opinion. 


So I redid the page with a great cut file from The Cut Shoppe. I thought being Yoda was in Star Wars- that I should use stars. I again kind of used the green color, but I kind of took a different twist with it- the green with blues. I found old stickers in my stash from October Afternoon that had some space themes to it also used neutral/blue Crate Paper ephemera.    I love the way it turned out this time around. 


I just love that John found the Yoda ears at the Pet store. He's a fan of the Star Wars craziness and it would be perfect for his cat to be dressed like Yoda. Blaize also is just a pretty chill cat that he took it with pride and wore the ears like a pro.  Ember on the other hand, lasted all but two seconds- the ears made it to the floor. She's a sassy little girl. That just wasn't going to happen.  I'm glad I captured this moment... and re-did the page.

Again, never be afraid to re-do a page if you're not happy with it. The moment deserves to be captured how YOU want it to be remembered :)

xo. Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment