Friday, February 19, 2016

Wild+Free.

I have been saving this picture of the palm trees in California until I could figure out the perfect way to document it.  So last week when I went shopping on my day off... ( gotta love days by yourself shopping.. so relaxing. ) I spotted a paper pack at Michael's that had awesome colors and summer/beach papers.  Also it included purple, if you scrapbook at all- you know purple is a color that is far and few between. I had to grab it.  Although I'll be honest, this is probably the only picture I have that even qualifies as "beachy". So hopefully I'll find some summer photos or take some soon so I can use up the rest of this paper pad.  Or maybe you'll be finding some happy mail coming people's way.  

Anyways, I also saw this challenge on  Let's Get Sketchy that I thought would be perfect for this page. 


There was one page in the paper pack that had various patterns in triangles so I cut them out to use on the page.  I put together bits and pieces of other sheets to make the background as well as fussy cutting the glittery palm tree to add to the side.   I think it turned out fun and summery. So exciting!!


               

You know I'm a girl from the midwest, when I get excited about seeing a palm tree. )

Hope you guys enjoyed this layout!! Also, go try out the challenges at Let's Get Sketchy! So far this is my second one, and they are so fun as well as easy to incorporate!! 

xo. Renee

10 comments:

  1. Great Take!Thanks for playing with us at LGS:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page!!!! Thank you for joining us @LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Take!Thanks for playing with us at LGS:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colour scheme, thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Take!Thanks for joining with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of colors! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page. Love the details . Thanks for playing at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done! thanks so much for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous setting for the photo! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining in at LGS!

    ReplyDelete