Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Better Together.

There's so many things to tell you about today- I can have no idea where to begin!

First of all - I wanted to share with you this lovely Tombow product that I've actually had for a while - not sure why I haven't whipped it out until now. But trust me- now it's going to be a staple on my desk.  I already use Tombow Mono Aqua glue as my trusty side kick but for smaller spaces such as these delicate cut files- the Tombow Mono Glue Pen puts the perfect layer of glue on directly where you need it to go.  It worked perfectly as I backed the cut file with different pieces of scraps.

(Side note: If you're trying to look for the right adhesive for you- check out this great chart Tombow has made!! )


I came across this photo strip that was taken two summers ago when we were visiting the Mall of America with my best friend & her husband- and realized, I have never scrapped it.  They are literally some of my all time favorite pictures- captures all of us perfectly. We're all so goofy!  It took me a while to literally think of what line I wanted to use with the picture. Than it hit me like a pile of bricks, duh! - the Better Together Collection by Amy Tangerine couldn't be a more better fit!!! 


I love all the pieces of this collection so much- the retro ephemera with things that go BETTER TOGETHER like donuts and coffee, pizza and soda, etc. I backed the cut files with pieces of the cut apart paper- as well as actually pieces from another one of Amy's collection that I couldn't place with it's name. Watercolored some gray in the background as well as some splatters. Than threw clusters of embellishments and thread all over.  Bing Bam Boom... one of my favorite layouts was born :)

I love these three so much. Yes, things have changed but they are all my best friends and life wouldn't be the same without them.  Sometimes things are just better together. 

xo. Renee


2 comments:

  1. Scrapbooking use to be my first love. That is how I started in the craft world. Great post and page.

    ReplyDelete