Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Scrap Our Stash Stash Feb.

It's the 10th of the month so it's my turn with my take on this month's Stash Challenge at Scrap Our Stash.

Scrap Our Stash is a site/group that inspires you to use your stash and supplies. They do 2 challenges a month - one is a stash challenge (1st of the month) and one is a sketch challenge with a stash prompt (15th of the month).  The Design Team examples are shown everyday to inspire you to put together a great page!  To learn more you'll have to check out their site at http://scrapourstash.blogspot.com/

This month we were to make a page using our stash based on this book cover and include two hearts.


This is my take on the challenge!!



I was inspired by the rays in the background of the cover. So I used stencil that was similar to the background rays to cut out different scraps I had left from a SMASH book I ripped apart.  I knew I wanted to document the first apartment I had with my past relationship because it was down right craziness.  

I can't even begin to explain all the things that went wrong- between illegal actions by neighbors, leaky light fixtures- yes, no mistype in that. But it was still perfect in the weirdest ways and we bonded over the silliest things. I will never forget it, that's for sure.

For embellishments I included crazy things I was able to cut out from other pages of the book, it fit perfectly. Also was able to add some Dear Lizzy stickers I had in my stash I never thought I'd be able to use about homes/houses. Which was a perfect fit for this page!  I know this layout is a bit all over the place but I enjoyed the mess and got to use a lot of my stash!! 

Hope I inspired you to get a little crazy with my interpretation of the challenge!! 

xo. Renee

1 comment: