Monday, June 20, 2016

Make Ahead Monday .02

You know when you have ideas and you just have to do them.... like now. Definitely the case with this, I am not even 100% positive where I got the inspiration - I've been on Instagram and Pinterest looking for ideas and pinning everything I see.  



As I have told you before in previous Make Ahead Monday, I am trying for a 6x12 project life this time around. I was ideally going to start on my 30th birthday but the anxious me - well, we're not going to wait. I'm not sure if I declared it on the blog or not, but I am going ahead with starting with the summer. 

So this cover page was born.  


I began with a 12 x 12 Project Life Protector that I had that had (4) 6 x 6 squares on it. I cut down the middle to create the (2) 6 x 6 squares also making it 6 x 12 size.  Nifty. I wanted something fun and summery to start out with. Brought me to this collection I spotted at Michael's not too long ago, had a lot of beachy and fun summer papers. I took one of the sheets I adored - cut it to match the 6 x 12 size. Again, 6 x 6 then better yet in to 3 x 3's. 

With the squares I lined them up to fill the space, so I could properly line up part of my title which I just used some kraft colored adhesive alphas I found from the Target dollar bins. I liked the off set look of them and cut off where they didn't fit on to the page.  


I embellished it a bit with some of the stuff from Simple Stories "You are Here" line as well as sequins. I slid the first two squares in to the 6 x 6 slot then took my new Project Life "Fuse" like tool to seal the cards in to place along the top and middle edge, making it look like they were in 3 x 3 pockets. Again, I placed the next two in above it - I didn't seal the top of those pockets on top - just the middle between them.  Did the same again for the top 6 x 6 section. 


I love the look of vellum in the multiple million pages I've seen. So I took a piece of vellum, cut it down to fit in the middle of my page pretty well. I added more to the title with some grid like white alphas. Adhered it with my ATG gun to the pocket page.  

I think it turned out so gorgeous. Love the colors and think the two lines meshed really well together. Too bad I'm not really on that sandy beach with a fruity drink in my hand! I'm excited to see how my next pages turn out after this!! 

xo. Renee 

Do you guys sketch out ideas before you do them or do you go in without any plans ? How do you guys store all your ideas? Let me know how you work!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment