Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Fly Fishing Vacation.

I told you I would be back to show you what I had up my sleeve for this month's Paper Issues challenges! So I'm going to show you what I threw together for the Sketchy Saturday. 

I don't know about you but I absolutely fell in love with Carta Bella's collection "Great Outdoors."  I know, I'm not a huge outdoors person. I always give it a good try when I can but I really don't have a lot of opportunities to do anything too exciting anymore!  But I couldn't turn this collection down when I had the chance to have it. It's so bold and colorful, and very vintage.


So this is where I had to think of where I was going to go with this, I know- I actually didn't have to think too hard. But was I at the point where I couldn't scrap these type of memories as we're no longer together? I just thought - even though we aren't together- and haven't been for a year ( again, if you've been following, you'd already know this.) that these were still great memories of one of my favorite vacations.   I had other paper I thought at one point I would use for this photo ( yes, it was already printed but I put it aside for obvious reasons ) but I couldn't pass up the perfect collision of the two.

I took the sketch as it was, didn't really do much of my own interpretation on it.  Used papers from the collection as well as a few from my stash to build the layers. I did have the stickers for this collection so between the cut apart paper and stickers, I built the embellishment clusters on both sides of the picture. 

I'm so excited that I got to use this collection and had the perfect picture for it! Sometimes it's hard to scrap pictures of the past but just have to remember, that they are still memories and even though it may be sore right now- it may be something great to look back on in the future when it's not so tender. 

xo. Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment