Sunday, September 11, 2016

Scrap Our Stash September Stash.

Scrap Our Stash is a site/group that inspires you to use your stash and supplies. They do 2 challenges a month - one is a stash challenge (1st of the month) and one is a sketch challenge with a stash prompt (15th of the month).  The Design Team examples are shown everyday to inspire you to put together a great page!  To learn more you'll have to check out their site at http://scrapourstash.blogspot.com/

Here I am at the beginning of the month with my example of the first challenge!! 



At this time of the year, this was the perfect inspiration! Everyone is heading back to school and all the craziness is usually captured on film in some form. Being I don't have kids, and no- I don't want to scrap my crazy past school photos. ( No one wants to see that! )  So - I waited til my favorite two little kiddos went to school! My niece and nephew live on the east coast ( as I always tell you! ) but my sister always keeps us in the loop- so I knew this would be a jackpot shot I needed for this challenge! 


I used Dear Lizzy's Saturday collection which has an adventurous theme. I fussy cut one of her sheets of paper that had the buildings on it using it as a bottom boarder. Then building on top of that with the photo and embellishments. How perfect that it had backpacks, glasses, and apples!  Okay, that stuff reminds me of school! They live in a big town, granted  they don't take the taxi to school; but how could I not add that to the bottom of the page.  I also added some embellishments that were on a ledger/number paper to meet that detail of the challenge to my cluster on the one side of the picture. 

I can't wait to see your guys' take on this first challenge of the month!!  I also encourage everyone to join us at Scrap Our Stash (link @ top) - top picks could win a prize and a badge for your blog! 

xo. Renee





No comments:

Post a Comment