Monday, April 17, 2017

New Issues Monday @ Paper Issues!


Its time for round 2 of New Issues Monday at Paper Issues!! This month's issue is called Pedal/Petal to the Medal/Metal and here are some ideas that come in to the catergory! 
  • Use metallics and/or metal embellishments.
  • Create a project using flowers or about gardening and spring.
  • Share something about transportation like bicycles, motorcycles, cars (your first car or current ride), toy cars, etc.
  • Show us a project about awards and/or accomplishments.


I thought I would kind of touch on the spring aspect. It's all about April Showers and I thought this cute photo of Addison playing in the puddles would be perfect! Little by Little by Shimelle has perfect kid elements as well as spring colors. The raindrop paper and rain clouds I thought how fun to add to the page. I also for a while have been wanting to do this heart element I saw on another page via Pinterest. So I cut the paper in to 2x2 squares then diagonally cut them to build a heart as well as parts of the heart to form a pattern of the heart on the paper. I thought the glue wasn't enough so I did put some modge podge on top of it which gave the page a shiny feel, which was a new surprise. 

As always I have to have clusters of embellishments on the page, I did some on the left of the photo as well as added fussy cut flowers on other parts of the hearts. The bottom right I built another cluster. The letters for the title were from the Crate Paper Little You (Girl) line - thought the pink went well with the elements on the page. I also took a shot at some hand stitching, although now that I look at it- I wish I had done it with a bolder color than white so it would stand out more but it was definitely a new thing to try that I enjoyed. 

I can't wait to see what you guys submit to the challenge on Paper Issues Facebook Group. If you need more goodies- because who the hell doesn't- go to the Paper Issues store and use my code Renee to save yourself 20% on your order! Which means you buy more right?? :D Maybe that's just me as always. 


x.o Renee



No comments:

Post a Comment