Thursday, February 23, 2017

Road Trip with Discover USA @ Paper House Productions!

Why hello! I'm up on the Paper House blog with my second post of the month! This time I did a page featuring their new line Discover USA.  I fell in love with it right when I saw it- so many cut apart sheets. There was one for each "section" of the United States plus on featuring road trip sayings! I literally had 3 different pages ready to put together but I decided to start on this one that I am showing you today! 
discoverpph
I didn't realize how many Paper House products I had already hoarded in my supplies before I became a DT member. I was so excited to get to use them finally on a layout! I had bought many things that were road trip/vacation related- so it worked perfectly for this new collection!
discoverpeek
I decided to make my own little embellishment by cutting the United States outline out of one of the Paper House mixed cards I already had .. It's kind of crappy fussy cut, no lie but avoid that. I backed it with some paper, threw in some sequins and topped it with an acetate mixed card.  I thought it turned out pretty cute, but I'm kind of bias. 
I provided a list of the items I used with the links, if you're interested in buying some of these great products from their store. What's great is Paper House products are sold at the big box stores such as Hobby Lobby, Michael's or Jo Anns! 

discoverpeek2
I layered behind the pictures as I always do with pieces of the cut apart paper. I also put one of the cards in the middle. I created a bigger cluster at the top of the right photo and the bottom of the left photo but added little pieces on the opposite.  I also did clusters at the top and the bottom of the page overall. Journaling was part of the bottom cluster so I could somewhat remember what this page was about. For the background of the paper, I cut the sheet in half flipped the top over -piecing them together on another sheet plain paper.
I just love how this page came together for me. I always loved my road trips with John, he always seemed to make things interesting and could make me laugh for hours. So I wanted to document my crazy selfies from our trip to Missouri. Although lets be honest, I can't wait until this summer when I can go on more adventures and document some pages that don't include my ex :P 
I hope you enjoyed this page and can't wait to bring you more work from these great new lines!!
xo. Renee

1 comment: