Saturday, March 4, 2017

Sketchy Saturday @ Paper Issues!!


The new sketch for Sketchy Saturday at Paper Issues is up and I love it! It seems right down my alley with all the layers. 


Okay, so story is- I wanted to flip this page which I still did and I wanted to make all the layers with Paige Evans' newest line Oh my Heart. Which I'm absolutely in love with, all those bright colors and fun elements such as cell phones and socks!? Anyways, I tried to cut the layers and it just wasn't looking very pretty when putting it together. So I had to think and try to utilize the pieces I messed up while cutting out the first time. So out came a bunch of fussy cut flowers and hearts which I made cluster along the side of the paper.  I used two photos and the middle is a cut apart from their specialty paper of the collection - it includes rose gold letters. GORGEOUS.  I wanted to add some journaling so another cut apart was added to the bottom which I formed clusters of the puffy/chipboard stickers as well as what was left from my fussy cuts.  I loved the paper with all the scalloped edges so I cut one of them out to form a boarder on the other side of the paper.  So fun I think! 


I really wanted to document these photos from the other day when our store celebrated being open 25 years in our town. It's a midwest/ Iowa based grocery store and I've worked at several of them (dating a guy in the management program will do that to you.) - they get transferred around to get experience at different stores and being I worked with the same company- I got shipped along in the process. I've worked at a brand new store and I've worked at the oldest / home store. But I love the one in my hometown the most- it's where I started and yes, there's days where I think I've had it but yet, I can't get enough. It's also because of the great people I work with- including these two wonderful ladies whom I love- they've worked there since the first day it opened in our town. They've held our hands and led us to success in each way- personally and as a unit. Just makes me so happy. 

I hope you enjoyed my take on the sketch. It was a bit of a pain to complete but I'm glad I worked through my mess because it turned out not so bad! I can't wait to make other pages with this collection- especially with spring coming up- the colors would be perfect!! 

As always, go check out the Paper Issues' store, they have all the newest lines and keep adding more almost daily it seems. You won't be disappointed - their service is literally one of a kind.  Also use my name Renee to save you 20% on your purchase- that means you can buy more right?? :D 


xo. Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment